How to publish your Programmatic SEO pages on WordPress
- Self-hosted WordPress Account
Click on "Create New Project" and provide all the necessary information about your project. You will be presented with a choice between two Page Generation Methods: use your own CMS or make use of SEOmatic as your CMS. Opt for "Use my own CMS", choose WordPress and click the "Next" button to proceed.
To generate a Programmatic SEO build, you have the option to either import your data, including your keywords, from a .csv file or enter the keywords manually from the Data tab. If you're creating a single page, you won't need to import any data.
IMPORTANT: In case you upload a .csv file with millions of lines, there is a chance that the application may not be able to process the file correctly at the moment. To prevent this issue, you can try dividing the .csv file into smaller chunks.
Create your content using our AI-writer and Programmatic SEO features. When you are ready, save your template and click Next to start the Programmatic SEO build.
Publish on WordPress
Check your Programmatic SEO build, modify or delete pages that you don’t need. To automate actions on your behalf, please enter your credentials and hit the Publish to create these pages on WordPress.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to NOT add slash add the end of your custom domain
Using WordPress comes in three flavors:
- Fully hosted with WordPress.com.
- WordPress.com with an upgraded plan that allows most of the same functionality you find on self-hosted sites.
- The self-hosted version, whose software is available for free at WordPress.org. Self-hosted WordPress requires purchasing hosting with another provider, such as Bluehost, GoDaddy, etc., and installing WordPress software on it.
SEOmatic requires that you have a self-hosted version of WordPress to be able to automate actions on your behalf.
To create an Application Password, follow below steps:
- 1.Log in to your WordPress site with an admin user account (a user with the administrator role)
- 2.Navigate to Users > Profile
- 3.Scroll down to the “Application Passwords” heading and add your application name (i.e Seomatic)
- 4.Click the “Add New Application Password” button to create your password
- 5.Copy the generated token to your clipboard and paste it in the app
You can use our Test On Our Account feature to see how your Programmatic SEO build will show on a WordPress website.
SEOmatic has an integration with WordPress and publish the generated content on your behalf on WordPress. However, it is also possible to use SEOmatic without any CMS and we can host the website directly on your custom domain.
Last modified 27d ago